Serious solitude has its inherit risks, and the lightweight ACR ResQLink 2881 Floating PLB with GPS provides an instantaneous lifeline if you or your party get lost, injured, or stranded.
At 130grams, the ResQLink weighs less than a couple of Muesli Bars and topping at just under 10cm long, it’s smaller than the cell phone in your pocket. Small and mighty, the ResQLink is a full-powered, GPS-enabled rescue beacon designed for anglers, pilots and back country sportsmen.
Quick and accurate is the best way to describe the PLB 2881. With 3 levels of integrated signal technology your position is sent out to a worldwide network of SAR (Search and Rescue) satellites quickly and efficiently. Even in extreme conditions and situations, the ResQLink+ activates easily. Just deploy the antenna and press the ON button. With its powerful 66-channel GPS, the ResQLink+ guides rescuers to within 100 meters or less of your position. Plus with the built-in strobe light, it provides visibility during night rescues.
The 2881 has two built-in tests allow you to routinely two built-in tests allow you to routinely verify that the ResQLink™ is functioning and ready for use – with the push of a button, you can easily test internal electronics and GPS functionality. Now you can make sure the internal electronics and GPS are properly functioning before you leave for your next excursion.
ACR ResQlink 2881 PLB with GPS Features:
- Extremely lightweight
- Small – can easily fit inside your pocket
- On Board 66 Channel GPS
- Powerful 406 MHz signal
- 5 MHz homing capability
- Built-in strobe light for improved visibility during night rescues
- Activates easily
- Self-Test and GPS test features
- Typical performance 30 hours
- Programmed for New Zealand Registration
- Size: 4.1 x 4.8 x 11.4 cm (cm)
- Weight: 5.4 oz (130 g)
- Battery Class: Class 2 (non-hazmat) lithium batteries
- Material: Engineered polycarbonate blend
- Colour: ACR-treuse (high visibility yellow)
- Waterproof: 16.40 ft (5 m) @ 1 hr., 33 ft (10 m) @ 10 min. Factory tested @ 70°F, exceeds RTCM waterproof requirements